Chance, the dog rescued from the horrible case of animal abuse in Dorr Michigan, was rushed back to the Vet by Wishbone Pet Rescue this morning for emergency care. After receiving information that Chance may have been intentionally exposed to antifreeze in an attempt to poison him, a specific blood test was performed to look for evidence of ethylene glycol. As if he hasn’t been through enough, the test came back showing a high level of antifreeze toxicity in Chance’s blood.
Antifreeze is a highly toxic substance, and because it’s sweet smelling and tasting animals that are exposed to it will often willingly drink it. For a dog the size of Chance, a mere 3-4 tablespoons is enough to kill. Chance has already shown some of the initial symptoms of antifreeze poisoning, but since he has also shown remarkable resilience to his other injuries, we are hoping for the best.
Please contact Wishbone Pet Rescue at 800-475-0776 for more information on Chance’s progress as he recovers from this heartbreaking case of animal cruelty.